Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Disclaimer

It's easy being vegan (*ahem* near-vegan). I swear! I can't necessarily claim I eat a *healthy* diet because I'm a big-time junk-food fan, but I wanted to get back into tracking what I eat because I used to weigh 10 lbs. less and I know it's because I have been naughty lately (and stopped smoking about a year ago... and stopped exercising about six months ago...).  Still, if I'm going to share what I eat I knew I should let you all know the following:

*I'm not a food expert of any kind.
*I'm not a chef.
*I'm not a nutritionist.
*I'm not a doctor of any kind (no masters in Literature, even!)
*I'm not affiliated in any way with the brands of food I'm eating.
*I do recommend a vegetarian/vegan diet, but my endorsement is personal and I'm not going to back up anything with science because I'm not a scientist or researcher.  Please seek out horrifying PETA videos on your own.
*I'm at a healthy weight (by BMI).
*I have a clean bill of health (though I do have acne and eczema and I have had these chronic conditions my entire life, including when I was an omnivore prior to 2007).
*I don't intend this blog to inform anybody how they should eat or what they should ethically believe.
*I'm not even 100% vegan! I don't wear leather or silk, but I do use cosmetics that have not been confirmed to contain zero animal products coming from certified cruelty-free companies. I would certainly prefer to, though.
*I'm like 90% vegan (arbitrarily assigned percentage), but have a 100% vegetarian diet (to the best of my knowledge).

My goal with this blog is to help me track just how much not-good stuff I eat and own up to it (and hopefully reduce it!).  The reason I'm doing it in blog form is just to satisfy the curiosity of anybody who stumbles upon it.  Am I the only person who wonders what other people eat?  Especially people who are skinny and super-healthy (haha)?

Stats: 28 years old
Ethnicity: white mutt (German, Polish, Russian, Jewish, Catholic... we have hips and boobs)
Height: 5'4" or 1.62 meters (162 cm for the math-impaired)
Weight: 119.6 lbs. or 54.2 kg this morning (after using the bathroom, not drinking water or eating, and no clothes XD the standard method)
BMI: 20.7 this morning

I'll try to put up pictures of my (clothed) body sometimes... especially if I manage to lose/gain a few pounds.

Today I ate:
1 banana
1 Lemon Zest Luna Bar
several sticks of celery with a 150-calorie portioned hummus by Sabra
2 cans of diet Mountain Dew
About a cup of Punk Rock Chickpea Gravy over a few servings of Ore-Ida waffle-cut french fries (my vegan version of Poutine... meat-eating husband also likes, but he says it's more similar to chili fries.  I've never actually had real poutine, but I must say my version looks much less disgusting LOL)
A bowl of roasted broccoli made by my husband (I know it had some EVOO, garlic salt, and red pepper flakes. Possibly also Teriyaki sauce)
A snack-size roll of Ritz crackers with Chocolate Covered Katie's Cookie Dough Dip

Countless: cups of coffee (okay, I should start counting these!), cups of water

Vitamins:
DEVA vegan pre-natal vitamin (not unlike a multi-vitamin, but makes your hair and nails extra-nice)
Jarrow Bone-up vegan formula (for calcium)
VegLife Supreme Vegan D 2000 IU (everybody in the northern hemisphere probably needs to supplement Vitamin D in the winter)

1 comment:

  1. nice post!
    xx the cookies
    share the feeling & visit <3
    samecookiesdifferent.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete